Science Curriculum Statement
At West Vale Academy we use the ‘Primary Knowledge Curriculum’ to support the teaching and learning of Science. This scheme has been designed in accordance with The Early Years Foundation Stage and National Curriculum. It embeds the working scientifically requirements into each topic so that in addition to the core knowledge and vocabulary, children are developing skills of observation, investigation and fair testing, classification and data handling.
We are working towards earning the ‘Primary Science Quality Mark’. The Primary Science Quality Mark will support West Vale Academy by:
- – Enabling science subject leaders to develop and articulate a clear intent and aspirational vision for science.
- – Raising the profile and quality of science across the whole school
- – Supporting subject leaders to effectively implement a curriculum for science that is informed by research evidence and best practice data.
- – Evaluating current provision for science and put in place a development cycle that leads to sustained progress in science across the school.
- – Ensuring strong and positive impact on the children so they all make good progress, building and consolidating their knowledge and skills, developing positive attitudes about science and its value to their lives and globally.
- – Helping teachers and children enjoy their science lessons.